You are here: Homepage > About Us
Cayman Islands National Insurance Company (CINICO) is a government-owned insurance company formed to provide health insurance coverage to civil servants (employees and pensioners) and other residents of the Cayman Islands who historically have had difficulty obtaining coverage through their employer or the private insurance market. As a private corporation it has its own Board of Directors.
Our goal is to deliver the best insurance product available to civil servants and to the following members of the population in our Standard Health Insurance Contract (SHIC) Plans:
- Those aged 60 or over.
- Those who have been rejected by one approved health insurance provider within 60 days from the date of your enrolment form application date.
- Those who can provide evidence of an annual family income of CI$40,000 or less.
If you qualify in one of these categories AND are resident in the Cayman Islands, you will be eligible for coverage with CINICO.
We will accomplish our goal by focusing on administrative excellence and claim control to provide cost-effective coverage and focused patient-care. As a result, CINICO can offer the following:
- Automatic and cost-effective full-coverage for the elderly and health impaired regardless of any pre-existing conditions.
- Automatic and cost-effective coverage for those on a low income but subject to 24 month pre-existing condition exclusions.
- 24/7 assistance in case of medical emergencies.
- Professional Customer Service dedicated to providing assistance on a broad range of issues.
- Comprehensive medical coverage utilizing an extensive provider network which includes over 400,000 providers in the United States including specializations of every nature and pre-negotiated discounts.
- 24/7 Nurse on Call for responses to general health enquiries.
- An I.D. card providing immediate recognition in the United States, with no deposit required for network services with approved CMO referrals or authorized emergency room hospital visits.
Last Updated: 2011-07-28